Coffee and stars in the Tatacoa desert
In this occasion, we will go to the city of Fusagasugá to the Coloma Hacienda that awaits us with its beautiful gardens and coffee plantations where they will explain the production of coffee and then, we can taste a fresh cup of coffee and then start the road to the desert of Tatacoa. This dry region is the second largest arid zone in Colombia after the Guajira peninsula, and is characterized by two types of rocks with different colors: red rocks in the area near Cuzco, and grays in the area near “Los Hoyos”. While you discover the desert, check out the local wildlife, including birds, snakes, spiders and ocelots. Even if you do not see any creature, you will surely enjoy the spectacular desert landscape.
- Pick up at your hotel in Bogotá
- Visit the coffee farm in Fusagasugá
- Arrival to the town of Villavieja
- Visit to the star observatory at night
- Night in Villavieja
- Hike to the desert
- Museum in old village
- Return to Bogotá. On the way there are several stops to try the tolimense suckling pig, the achiras and see typical crafts of the Tolima region
- Private transport
- Bilingual guide (optional)
- Medical assistance insurance
- Meals and drinks not included in the plan
- Tip (optional)
Additional options that you could choose to complement this plan:
- Add more days
- You can return via air Bogotá – Neiva
- You can change your return from Neiva – Bogotá
- Take a flight to any city in our country
- The accommodation depends on the client; you can ask for advice about it.
Remember that we designed the route according to your time and taste.