Get to know the first wonder of Colombia, the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá and the birthplace of the Legend of “El Dorado, the Sacred Lagoon of Guatavita” in this full day tour from Bogotá. Explore the beauty of this unique Cathedral with a bilingual guide inside the cathedral, enjoy a two-hour nature walk to the Guatavita lagoon, where the local guide explains the legend of El Dorado. Visit of the town of Guatavita and observe the reservoir of Tominé.
When you arrive in Zipaquirá, your underground adventure begins. Discover the architectonic achievements of the Bogotá architect Roswell Garavito Pearl and learn about the history of salt exploitation in Colombia in the guided tour in English or Spanish with an expert guide within the cathedral and explain it through the Salt Cathedral Zipaquirá’s meaning.
Back in the light, enjoy a typical Colombian meal in one of the best restaurants in Zipaquirá. Enjoy a traditionally prepared meat dish or choose the vegetarian option. After lunch, you will discover the Independence Square and the main square of Zipaquirá with its beautiful colonial houses and its old church and take some panoramic pictures of the city. After this brief walk around the center of Zipaquirá, we will return tu Bogotá and drop you off in your hotel or accommodation place.
- Entrance fees
- Bilingual guide in the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá and the Lagoon of Guatavita
- English guide on ride (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour (if option selected)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Tip (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Hike on a natural path, good shoes recommended